Author - Trudy Geneus
This might seem like an anomaly (Cajun Spiced Japanese Fries) but I promise you it's one of the best plate of fries you will ever have in your entire existence -- no exaggeration. It is amazing as a whole food sweet craving alternative. And it pairs well with Buddha bowls, sandwiches, burgers or just as a snack. I can imagine dipping these into some freshly homemade guacamole and basking in the glory.
What you’ll need:
· 2 medium-sized Japanese Sweet potatoes chopped long way
· 3 tbsp olive or grape seed oil
· ½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
· 1 tsp chili powder
· 1 tbsp dried basil
· 1 tsp Cajun spice
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and thoroughly wash the skins of your sweet potatoes
2. Chop the ends off and cut them long ways into 2-inch wide pieces similar to potato wedges
3. Lay them unto your baking sheet and mix all the ingredients in a small bowl
4. Drizzle the spice and oil mixture over the sweet potatoes and massage it in for a quick marinade
5. Bake on 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes, flipping them halfway through
Did you enjoy today's recipe? Let me know down below in the comments. Feel free to request recipes and tag us on Instagram @thegeneuslife! with your awesome recreations!