Updated: Nov 17, 2018
Chop the Veggies and get to Sauteing!
The magic in this recipe lies in how well you saute the vegetables. You don't want to overcook the vegetables but make sure to saute the onions until they are translucent before adding the remaining vegetables.
The idea of a recipe is to provide inspiration, not to tell you what to do with your food. Only you know what's best for you. Be inspired!
This is my favorite part--toasting the bread. When these bad boys come out the oven, they smell and taste like garlic bread or better yet, croutons! I had to be careful not to snack on them too much, or there would be no stuffing recipe.
Slice the Bread into Squares
Combine all the Stuff! (Get it?)
What you'll Need:
· 1 loaf stale Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free bread (chopped into squares) - I used Little Northern Bakehouse's Millet and Chia loaf
· ¼ cup virgin unrefined coconut oil + 2 tbsp for sautéing vegetables
· 1 small red onion chopped small
· 4 garlic cloves chopped small
· ½ pound chopped crimini mushrooms
· ½ cup green bell pepper chopped small
· ½ cup orange bell pepper chopped small
· 2 medium-sized carrots chopped small
· 3 celery stalks chopped small
· 2 + ½ cup low sodium vegetable broth (start with 1 + ½ cup add as needed)
· 2 tbsp ground sage
· 2 tbsp dried thyme leaves
· 2 tsp dried oregano
· 1 tsp onion powder