Updated: Nov 17, 2018
Delicious and Comforting Plant-Based Burger - (Soy Free)
Sometimes you just want a burger! This burger is filled with plant-based goodness, no soy, no B.S., just real food.
What you’ll Need:
· 1 cup brown lentils soaked and rinsed (not cooked)
· ½ cup-soaked walnuts
· 1/3 cup raisins
· ¼ coconut oil
· ½ cup gluten-free dairy-free bread crumbs
· ½ red or orange bell pepper roughly chopped
· ½ onion roughly chopped
· ¼ cup fresh basil (4-5 leaves)
· 1 green scallion roughly chopped
· 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
· 2 tsp Italian seasoning
· 1+ ½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
· 1 tsp cayenne pepper 1 green haberno pepper (optional)
· 1 tsp chili powder
· 1 tsp paprika
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Add everything up to the scallions to a food processor and blend for 1 minute.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and blend then taste for salt. Form into patties and place on a parchment sheet. This mixture should make about 7 or 8 patties.
3. Bake on 375 degrees for 30 mins, flipping them to the other side halfway through.
4. I’m actually using a gluten-free bagel to sandwich this burger because I couldn’t find any buns that were gluten-free. Feel free to switch the bagel out for a regular bun or gluten-free bun, or even a wrap.
Did you enjoy today's recipe? Let me know down below in the comments. Feel free to request recipes and tag us on Instagram with your awesome recreations!